The CTB Terra Nova Standardized Test measures a student’s performance in Science, Spelling, Reading, Language, Mathematics, and Social Studies, relative to children in the U.S., in their own grade. The Terra Nova is reported through a variety of methods. The Quartile Report divides students into quartiles based on their percentile. The 50th percentile is considered average, or on level.
Terra Nova Quartiles:
- 4th Quartile: Those students who scored at the 75-99 percentile
- 3rd Quartile: Those students who scored at the 50-75 percentile
- 2nd Quartile: Those students who scored at the 25-49 percentile
- 1st Quartile: Those students who scored below the 25 percentile
- In 2011, 92.8% of St. Agnes students scored in the Top Quartile (3rd and 4th Quartiles)
- More than half of St. Agnes students (63.6%) scored in the 4th Quartile!
- 29.7% of our students scored in the 3rd Quartile.
- Only 7.2% were in the 2nd Quartile.
- No students scored in the 1st Quartile.
St. Agnes School is very proud of these fabulous results!
Feeder School to Charleston Catholic High School: Upon completing the 5th Grade, the majority of St. Agnes graduates enroll in Charleston Catholic High School, or the county school of their choice. We have a very high rate of acceptance at Charleston Catholic and former students and parents often comment on how well prepared they are for middle school, whether their choice be private or public.
Special Classes: Offered weekly or biweekly at St. Agnes: Art, Computer Lab, Physical Education, Library, Music, and Spanish.
Class Sizes (Maximum):
Pre-3 15 students (two co-teachers)
Pre-4 22 students (two co-teachers)
K 23 students (with teacher and full-time aide)
1-5 25 students